During that week end in Burgundy where we were piling up the Michelin stars, we went wine tasting.
Just to be clear, Manu and my friends enjoyed the wine tasting, whilst I volunteered to be on babysitter duty (so I wouldn’t have to be later at dinner at the 3* restaurant, how evil!). On the flip side I had very cute pictures of the kids playing outside.
For lunch we stayed in Pommard and headed to Aupres Du Clocher near the church of the village . Aupres Du Clocher was the nice surprise of the week-end. We were surprised because we were not expecting such good food and such light in the room on a gloomy day like this. The menu was all made of seasonal produces just like what we had the night before at Chapeau Rouge like snails (the famous escargots de Bourgogne), celeriac, epoisse cheese.
What I liked
- The decor: massive window with a view on the village bringing lots of light to the room
- French provincial decoration
- the Chef’s signature dish: Epoisse mousse (with gingerbread croutons at the bottom to balance it with something sweet) with Epoisse cheese on toasted baguette. The Chef, Jean Christophe Moutet, used to be 2IC at the 3* restaurant La Lameloise so the food is really fresh and tasty, no fuss.
- The price: the 3 course Saison Menu was only 26 euros! But with wine, water and coffee it went up to 47 euros per adult.
What I didn’t like
- the service is definitely not a Michelin star one as I had to pour water for everyone. Apart from that, it was pretty smooth
- the website is in French only so if you have any question, just ask in the comment section and I can translate or answer based on our experience.
Aupres du clocher restaurant
- 1 rue de Nackenheim, 21630 Pommard – Pommard is near Beaune, 40 min south of Dijon through the highway
- tel. +33 (0)3 80 22 21 79
- they don’t seem to have an email address, bookings are made on the phone or via snail mail (Burgundy style I suppose!)
- http://www.aupresduclocher.com/ in French though
- Opening hours: lunch and dinner from Thursday to Monday – closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Linking up to Lou Messugo #allaboutfrance link up!