Visiting Oslo over a week-end
A month after my high school friends came to visit me in Oslo, I had the pleasure of hosting Karine. Karine is a friend from Zürich. We used to be part of the same dance class and even performed Cancan together!
She arrived on a Friday night and stayed until Sunday afternoon right before the final of the Euro 2016 soccer cup.
Here is a video of what we did in Oslo in a day:
In this video:
- Frognerpark and Vigeland statues
- Shopping on Bogstadveien including Søstrene Grene for typically scandinavian homeware, stationery and design shop as well as H&M. It’s Summer Sale!
- Lunch at the super hype The Thief rooftop during their Unplugged music festival
- More shopping in Aker Brygge at Cos
- Stroll around Rådhuset and souvenir shops
- Oslo Shrimp Cruise also called Summer Evening Cruise, a 3 hour cruise around the Fjord including a full massive plate of pink sweet shrimps from Greenland. We totally enjoyed it as the landscapes were beautiful through the mazes of islands in the fjord. We even saw an old wooden boat sinking right in front of us and hundred of people being rescued! It made the news the next day!
- Lunch at Lille Herbern on Bygdøy. Totally love the location, only accessible through a small boat. The view is so peaceful. And as we couldn’t get enough of shrimp and prawns so we went for their seafood platter!