We went there for lunch with my husband. The reviews on TripAdvisor where pretty good and we were not disappointed. If you’re craving middle eastern food in the Zurich area, this is one good place to go. It’s conveniently located in Zurich city between Selnau, Wiedikon and Stauffacherquai.
What we liked:
- the service: the waiters and chef are very warm and friendly
- the food: we both had the Tuesday’s lunch menu including a soup and the GrillSpiesse which comprised of a kefta sausage and a skewer with marinated juicy and tender lamb loin on salad, hummous and tatziki. Then abased on recommendations on Trip Advisor again we ordered the Um Ali which is a dessert supposed to be to to die for. We didn’t regret it although we were glad we shared one for two as it is a bit rich, though delicious.
- value for money: 19.5 CHF for the menu. We even had free tea for two with our shared dessert.
- the decor: typical with middle eastern fabrics, wooden chairs. It’s feel exotic and welcoming and not overly kitch.
What we didn’t like
- there is a some road work and building construction around the restaurant but it doesn’t really matter doesn’t it?
Would we go back? Definitely! And they seem to have shishas too!
- Werdstrasse 99, 8004 Zürich
- 044 242 76 55
- Opening Times: Monday to Thursday 11:00 to 22:30, Friday 11:00 to 23:30, Saturday 17:00 to 23:30. Closed on Sunday