Second recipe in the “What’s for dinner series”, with the same theme using the oven to make crispy, tender and juicy chicken legs.
How to grill chicken legs in the oven?
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 60 minutes
- Oven temperature: 200C degrees (390F)
What are the few easy steps?
1. Pre-heat your oven at 200C degrees (390F)
2. Prepare the marinade with
- olive oil – enough to be able to cover all your legs, both side, using a brush
- crushed garlic (one big clove)
- paprika seasoning – found this great “Raclette” mix here in Zurich by McCormick including paprika, red capsicum (bell pepper for you Yanks), black pepper, white pepper, muscade nut, and a little bit of cumin, garlic powder, coriander (cilantro for you again Yanks)
- ground pepper
3. Make small cuts into the thickest parts of the skin (between the thigh and the drumstick) so the fat will drip out
4. Rub some rock salt on the skin, I tried to put some into the cuts
5. Cover both sides of the full legs with marinade using a brush
6. Place on a tray and in your hot over, skin up – I chose to place them on a dish so that they still cook in some fat and don’t dry out too much
7. After 30 minutes, turn the legs over, skin down
8. Five minutes before the end, turn the legs back skin up and put the oven on grill to make the skin crispy
9. Dress your plate and take a picture 🙂
Note: maybe we could start skin down then leave the last 30 minutes side up, to save the hassle of grilling the skin. I’ll try next time and let you know.
What’s your grilled chicken recipe?