This restaurant review is for the locals.
I’m sure you’ve been shopping in Dietlikon at the big Coop supermarket (which is our absolute favourite because of their French lay-out and scan system), Ikea, H&M, Jumbo or Toys R Us. Maybe you’ve even been to the movies at the big Pathe Cinema complex,and you thought the only lunch options were Mc Donald’s and Coop Cafeteria…
We found a traditional Swiss cottage with yummy chargrilled meat. It’s Kibiz, on Neu Winterthurerstrasse just opposite Media Markt. They have 17 dedicated car spots, many of them at the front.
They offer 4 daily lunch “Menus”, comprising an starter (salad or soup) plus a main. The lowest priced menu starts at 15.5 and usually features pasta, ravioli, or gnocchi. Then comes one with pizza for 18.5 CHF and the others with grilled meat. We went twice and I really enjoyed my hotstone lamb and chargrilled steak (Rindsfillet).
What we like
- Food, tasty with only one miss so far
- Lunch menu deal that changes daily
- service, not too slow, nice and cheerful
- they offer candies with the bill (for sweet tooth hubby)
- easy free parking
- atmosphere, pretty picturesque with wooden panels and wooden tables and chair, beams and low ceiling
- convenient location near the big and extensive shopping area
What we didn’t like
- a soup we tried one day that my husband didn’t like
Will we go back? Definitely. Looks like their seasonal offer is Fondue Week with more cheese fondue variety I could ever imagine: curry fondue, lentil fondue, wiliamsfondue (pear alcohol?) from 18.50 CHF per person!
FROM FEBRUARY ONLY! We just went this week and it wasn’t available yet so I had Rib Ee on hot stone instead, delicious but 10 CHF more than what I was prepared to pay.
- Address: Neue Winterthurerstrasse 228305 Dietlikon
- Website: http://www.ristorantekibiz.ch/restaurant.html
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday: all day 8.30am to midnight and Sunday dinner only 5pm-11pm
- Tel: 044 833 31 10 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking: free dedicated parking at the front